Thursday, October 6, 2011

PEANUT NOODLE DRESSING AND DIPPING SAUCE

SPICY PEANUT NOODLE DRESSING AND DIPPING SAUCE

I really, really enjoyed this sauce. I put it on my maifun noodles with some stir fry. It will work for about  two servings of maifun noodles. Anything more would be loose the peanut taste. I will be making some egg rolls and using this as a dipping sauce this weekend.


This peanut sauce can be made not spicy. This part is really up to you. As well as the salt content. That's the beauty of making your own food. I originally made my own peanut butter and never added salt. I ended up adding extra soy sauce to make up for it.



Quick notes:
Makes 2 servings for maifun noodle sauce
Can be thinned out with more hot water.

SPICY PEANUT NOODLE DRESSING AND DIPPING SAUCE

2 large garlic cloves ( pressed or minced)
1/3 to 1/2 c hot water
1 to 1 & 1/2 TBS soy sauce
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 TBS red miso (or white)
1 to 1 1/2 TBS spicy Thai chili or chili powder to taste
2 to 3 TBS lemon juice
1/4 c green onion (chopped) optional

Measure and mix all ingredients in a bowl with a fork or a whisk. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment