- Double this recipe and use one large soup pot for everything.
- Once the seitan / tofu is fried, let the steam from the cabbage and the soy sauce deglaze the bottom of the soup pot.
- If using tofu, dry / press well before frying, as the tofu holds a lot of water and may cause the oil to splash. Coat with flour before frying. This will soak up any left over liquid and help with frying.
- This may be a two person job. It's a big help if one person stuff and the other does the frying.
- Freeze only after frying. The wrap isn't forgiving to liquids before its cooked.
- There is always an option to bake in an oven at 375 F for 15 min. Rotate and bake for another 10-15 min until golden brown.
- Additional options for filling: mushroom, bean sprouts, minced garlic.
- I use Vegetarian Worcestershire Sauce: Annie's Naturals Worcestershire Sauce - Organic Vegetarian
1 tsp minced ginger
4 oz seitan (1/2 package) or tofu (1/2 package) diced into small cubes
1 tsp vegetable seasoning or mix of own spices such as salt, paprika, garlic powder (optional)
2 cups chopped cabbage
1/2 cup shredded carrot
3 green onions
1-2 TBS soy sauce
1 TBS vegan worcestershire sauce (optional)
Oil for shallow frying. Canola, safflower or other high heat oils are good.
- Use a TBS of oil & fry the seitan or tofu for 5 min, add ginger and seasoning for 6-8 or until it starts to brown.
- Over medium heat add to pan: cabbage, carrots, seitan / tofu, green onions, soy sauce, westchester sauce. Stir and saute until the cabbage wilts slightly, about 10 min. The color & firmness of cabbage will change.
- Let cool & drain if necessary.