Sunday, January 23, 2011

New year, new blog.


I'm not late, am I? New years resolutions are like those friends you see from time to time. “HEY! Great to see you again! Lets hang out more often.” Those conversations happen with the best of intentions. So do the New Years resolutions. I have been meaning to create a food blog for some time now. Always gathering up recipes, marking up my cookbooks, making modifications to ones that don't quite hit the mark.

Growing up I've watched my mother as she cooked. I have been a vegetarian for about 5 years now.  Being first generation of Polish immigrants, you could imagine it not going over so well. Poland is a meat loving country and so was my family. Being the odd one out I had to take the matters into my own hands.

Today I LOVE VEGETABLES and have a great passion for cooking them. I've collected quite a few vegetarian cookbooks. From vegan, to raw & vintage. My thirst for "unique" was unruly & I just couldn't help myself. How many households did this old used cookbook see? Which recipe was the best? How can i make it better? I must say I have a lot more control over it these days ( that & i just don't know where to keep them all).  It can't just be any old cookbook anymore that makes it up on my shelf. Each one is special and its time to start documenting my favorites.

With that said, its time to review those pages and share the events that happen in my kitchen. Page by page I will review & modify with you.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment