Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sweet & Salty Nuts




I just want something sweet & not spend/wait 45 min for it to bake. I'm on a non processed foods binge. Been trying to limit my bread & dairy consumption down to special occasions like cake for my best friends birthday. After having a banana for breakfast, salad for lunch, hummus for snack, I really really wanted a sweet treat.



Sweet & salty Nuts

1/2 c. Raw pistachios
1/2 c. Raw cashews
1/2 c. Raw hazelnuts
1/4 c. Raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 c. Raw sunflower seeds
1 tbs olive oil
2-3 tbs organic maple syrup
Salt to taste


  • Mix nuts, oil, & maple syrup in bowl.
  • Line nuts on cookie sheet. (clean up is easy after soaking sheet)
  • Bake for 20 - 30 min at 325 degrees. Stir the nuts after 20 min every 5 min until the mixture is dry. 

Let cool & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment